You’re way past the question of whether or not you need a modern enterprise resource planning solution. Growth is no longer a sparkling aspiration for your company – it’s already headed full-speed in the right direction. Now, the ball is in your court to keep up (warning: things can get a bit tricky from here).
What was once straightforward business operations have now become increasingly complex, and the high risk associated with growth has some companies settling for second best. But you want more, right?
Luckily, there’s a method to the madness that comes with scaling your business processes.
Step 1: Find out what kind of cloud is right for you.
First things first: not all cloud solutions are created equally – at least in where they’re housed. You have a choice in selecting the cloud infrastructure that fits your needs and budget:
- Public clouds tend to be the most affordable option for many businesses, providing hosting that includes timely upgrades, hardware, security, and backups from the provider’s data centers.
- Private clouds are necessary when your business needs to comply with certain regulatory restrictions. You can choose a private cloud through a hosting provider, similar to how you’d choose a public cloud, except you get to decide how and where your data is hosted.
- Hybrid clouds give you the best of both worlds. Do you want some of your data on a public cloud while the rest is stored privately? Well, it’s possible and customizable to your needs.
Step 2: Identify the benefits and solutions you need.
No, you actually don’t need every add-on that’s listed in that ten-page quote (especially if said quote wasn’t developed with your specific business needs in mind, but we’ll get to that later). What you do need are features and functionality that flex to your dynamic list of to-dos and long-term vision for growth.
Let’s streamline your focus with these five key benefits in mind:
- You may not have the revenue right now to add more members to your team, but you will eventually, so that’s what you’ll need to plan for. Unlimited users at one monthly price can save you the headache of needing to upgrade your plan or package later, at what would probably be a very steep cost with an ERP that doesn’t embrace this type of flexibility.
- The modern world is always on, working from anywhere and at any time (business doesn’t stop when you leave your desk at 5 o’clock). Especially now, considering that many employees work from home or from their phones, 24/7 mobile access is a top priority for any business that doesn’t want to be held back by the barriers of a legacy on-premise enterprise system.
- People have their concerns about the cloud, we get it. But top-notch security is one of its greatest benefits. Many businesses simply don’t have the resources to pump into maintaining security measures as large cloud hosting providers, like Acumatica, would. So why not let them do the heavy lifting for you?
- It’s frustrating being left behind and not able to adopt the latest technology that could drive your business forward. That’s usually what happens with legacy systems. Fortunately, cloud ERP software is built with open APIs and integrations in mind so that you can easily plugin to third-party applications, without the headache of needing an entire development team (just for them to tell you it isn’t possible with your outdated system).
- Scalability is the most important attribute, of course (go figure). Not only do you need ERP software that’s equipped with all your top-ranked bells and whistles, you need one that won’t penalize you for choosing to stick with it as you evolve. Always make sure that you’re not locked into anything, and that pricing is based on resources (not users). That way, you’re only paying for what you need, as you need it.
Step 3: Connect with an experienced ERP partner.
Confirm cloud hosting – check!
Select features and add-ons – check!
Start the migration process - …
Don’t drop the ball now – you’re in the fourth quarter and the momentum is through the roof. Keep it going by finding an experienced partner to assess your business needs and take charge of the migration and onboarding process.
Rockton Connect has more than twenty years of ERP experience, providing onboarding, service hours, and unlimited support all for one fixed monthly price. A valuable ERP partner should bring more than just technology to the table. You’ll want someone that’s by your side long after you’ve bought in, guiding you through all the nuances as your business evolves alongside your cloud enterprise system. Rockton’s got your back.
- Schedule a demo.
- Discover your perfect cloud solution.
- Get modern technology and unlimited support for one monthly price.
- Contact us at 877-4-ROCKTON or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can learn more about your business goals and needs.